With its launch in 2009, the much-talked-about Aadhar program has created quite a surge in the Indian economy. The main objective of the Aadhar program is to offer universal identity to the citizens of India through a unique Aadhar Card number. With the ever-increasing acceptance and importance of the Aadhar card in almost every aspect of life as an Indian, you can now get your unique Aadhar identification number with much ease. Being one of the most important & mandatory documents during any official-based tasks like Aadhar link to bank account, contact number, and others, it is high time that you apply for the same in case you haven’t until now.
Owing to its ever-rising importance, it is believed that the Aadhar card will be further given even more importance as several government schemes are getting launched demanding this card as a mandatory document. So, gear up and get your Aadhar Card now with updated details for the ease of handling various official situations in the future.
Aadhar Card Number & Its Significance
The mandatory identity card for the Indian citizens as the Aadhar Card contains a 12-digit UID (Unique Identity Digit) or number. This UID is responsible for providing a universal identification to the card holders along with offering the ease of carrying out a myriad of important tasks as a citizen of India. Aadhar link has to be made possible under the latest regulations by the Government of India. Some of the important Aadhar links include the linking with small savings schemes like bank account savings, PPFs (Public Provident Fund), Kisan Vikas Patra, and so more.
Applying for important documents like the PAN (Permanent Account Number) card also requires the quoting of the Aadhar card. As on 2017, the Government of India has announced that linking Aadhar card or the UID with the NSC (National Savings Certificate), PPF, Post Office accounts, bank savings accounts, and others to be mandatory. Here are some important points you must know about the unique Aadhar card number or the UID:
- You can enroll for the Aadhar card at any age –even infants can get their respective Aadhar card. Once the kids have attained the age of 5 years, the important biometric information like that of the fingertip & iris scans can be updated on the Aadhar.
- The UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) claims that it is equally mandatory for the adult citizens of India to be in possession of the Aadhar card.
- Under the specific Aadhar enrolment system that is provided by the UIDAI –the issuer of the Aadhar Card and the Unique Identification Number, also offer provisions for the enrolment of the citizens having missing biometrics or ill-defined fingerprints.
- Additionally, patients suffering from eye problems like retina damage, cataract, or even partial or complete blindness can also apply for obtaining the or card as claimed by the UIDAI.
- Even if someone in the family does not possess proper documents, he or she can still enroll for the Aadhar card.
- Aadhar card is available only to the citizens of India. As such, NRIs (Non-residential Indians) or OCIs (Overseas Citizens of India) are not eligible for applying for the Aadhar card.
- Through the official site of the UIDAI, it enables the Aadhar card holders to update and download the digital copy of the identity card based on biometric information.
- The Aadhar card is made mandatory for a plethora of vital tasks including making investments in the PPFs (Public Provident Funds), applying for the PAN (Permanent Account Number), NSC (National Savings Schemes) savings, filing IT (Income Tax) returns, Aadhar link to bank accounts, and so more. Owing to the immense importance of the Aadhar card and its unique UID, the UIDAI advises the citizens of India to never share their Aadhar number or Aadhar OTP with anyone.
- There has been a lot of concern over the security aspects of the Aadhar card. The UIDAI has always vouched for the topmost security of the Aadhar card claiming that the linking of the Aadhar card to the respective bank accounts is completely safe & secure with the government taking all possible measures to ensure the same.
- Once you visit the official website of the UIDAI, you can get access to a wide list of important tools and information available there with respect to the https://uidai.gov.in/ card & the UID. Right from the facilities of updating the Aadhar card details to checking the status of the Aadhar enrolment, enrolling for the Aadhar card online, receiving the Aadhar number on the registered contact number, downloading the digital copy of the Aadhar card, and so more –you can do it all in a hassle-free manner with the help of UIDAI.